Bubbles Solution for Laminated Class with EVA Film
When some customers processing laminated glass with EVA FILM, bubbles appear inside the glass is the big problem they have to face.
People always think is this way:
1. the EVA Film you sent to us last time, don’t have bubbles problem, why this time the bubbles is coming out, that’s definitely the reason of the quality of your EVA Film.
2. Some customers face this situation. Maybe they don’t use EVA Film very much, so they don’t finish the one roll of EVA FILM in a short period. They used two thirds of the roll of EVA film, and after several weeks, they go back to use the left part of the roll. But this time the bubbles coming out, they are very confused. How come the same roll has different quality?
3. Some customer may just change the new EVA FILM supplier and the bubbles comes out. Even their new supplyer tell them it’s all about the processing , they would not believe him, they would think it’s of course the problem of the quality of your EVA film, because my older supplier don’t have this bubbles problem.
Many Laminated glass producer have misconception of the reasons of the bubbles problems. Here is the real why:
1. First situation: the temperature is too high, maybe more than 180 degree, which will cause the compound to break down and create gas. In this way, it’s just reducing your temperature, and everything would just be fine.
2. Second situation: the temperature in the oven is not average, which means some part of the glass, is hotter than others. So some part of the EVA film will melt and finish the crosslink reaction while other parts of EVA Film is still no t melted, which will interrupt the vacuuming and cause the bubbles. For this situation, we suggest you use the wind blowing heating machine.
3. Third situation: the Vacuum machine is old or the vacuum ability is not good enough. If the vacuum machine is old, renew it. If the vacuum ability is not powerful enough try to buy a new one.
4. Four situation: the air moisture is high. Much moisture in the air in your place is changed, which will easily cause the EVA film wet when it expose in the air. Moisture in the EVA FILM would cause the bubbles. Although the EVA FILM is less sensitive to moisture compared with PVB FILM. But if the moisture is too high, the bubbles will also come out.
Some customer open the packaged of one roll, and don’t use it up at one time. And the left part of the EVA film will absorb the moisture in the air and cause the bubbles.
5. Five Situation: Different EVA FILM supplier has different formula for EVA FILM, so if you change the EVA FILM supplier, you need to adjusting the processing parameters according to the supplier’s EVA FILM property.
All rights reserved by EVA FILMS’ BLOG www.evafilms.com